A fun and creative project that requires no special materials!
- 3 sheets of card stock
- Glue stick (or alternative)
- Make the top of the card
Ensure you have two different colours of cardstock. Take one of the sheets of cardstock and cut the following squares: 5" x 5" and 4.5" x 4.5"
- With the contrasting coloured cardstock, cut the following squares: 4.75" x 4.75" and 3.75" x 3.75"
- Cut your centerpiece image so that it fits within a 3.5 inch by 3.5 inch square.
- Layer the squares using an adhesive of your choice, like a glue stick or double-sided tape. Stack the squares from smallest to largest, using your picture first.
- Make the bottom of the card
Take your dark coloured cardstock and cut a 4.5 inch by 4.5 inch square.
- Take your contrasting coloured cardstock and cut the following squares: 4.75" x 4.75" and 4.25" x 4.25"
- Layer the squares in order from smallest to largest using an adhesive of your choice.
- Make the "easel"
Cut a 5 inch by 10 inch rectange from the dark coloured cardstock.
- Score the cardstock in the middle to make two 5 inch by 5 inch squares, then again across one of the diagonals.
- Fold across the diagonal and attach the top of the card to this triangle using the adhesive of your choice.
- Flip the easel over, so the top of the card is pointing down (and it is lying flush). Attach the bottom of the card to the base of the easel.
- Fold across the diagonal again and along the middle of the card so the top of the card stands up using the base.
- Personalize your card with a message or greeting of your choice.
More Easel Card Inspiration
If you liked the Easel project, you may like these other cards we made using the same technique. We have 5 different sheets (featured on the cards below) in a pack of 10 (2 of each sheet) for $5.00.