A fun and creative project that requires no special materials!
- 3 sheets of card stock
- Glue stick (or alternative)
- Make the top of the card
Ensure you have two different colours of cardstock. Take one of the sheets of cardstock and cut the following squares: 5" x 5" and 4.5" x 4.5"
- With the contrasting coloured cardstock, cut the following squares: 4.75" x 4.75" and 3.75" x 3.75"
- Cut your centerpiece image so that it fits within a 3.5 inch by 3.5 inch square.
- Layer the squares using an adhesive of your choice, like a glue stick or double-sided tape. Stack the squares from smallest to largest, using your picture first.
- Make the bottom of the card
Take your dark coloured cardstock and cut a 4.5 inch by 4.5 inch square.
- Take your contrasting coloured cardstock and cut the following squares: 4.75" x 4.75" and 4.25" x 4.25"
- Layer the squares in order from smallest to largest using an adhesive of your choice.
- Make the "easel"
Cut a 5 inch by 10 inch rectange from the dark coloured cardstock.
- Score the cardstock in the middle to make two 5 inch by 5 inch squares, then again across one of the diagonals.
- Fold across the diagonal and attach the top of the card to this triangle using the adhesive of your choice.
- Flip the easel over, so the top of the card is pointing down (and it is lying flush). Attach the bottom of the card to the base of the easel.
- Fold across the diagonal again and along the middle of the card so the top of the card stands up using the base.
- Personalize your card with a message or greeting of your choice.
Tip: Use a small object (like a button) on the base of the card to prop up the card.
More Easel Card Inspiration
If you liked the Easel project, you may like these other cards we made using the same technique. We have 5 different sheets (featured on the cards below) in a pack of 10 (2 of each sheet) for $5.00.