Tags can make a cute addition to a card to really make a sentiment pop, or add the perfect personal touch to a gift. In this blog post, we'll show you a few different ideas on how to make the most of your tags!
Tags can make a cute addition to a card to really make a sentiment pop, or add the perfect personal touch to a gift.
In this blog post, we'll show you a few different ideas on how to make the most of your tags! Whether you purchased our Tag Bundle, or you wish to pick-up some of these tag making must-haves separately, we hope that this post inspires you to get in the tag game!
Follow along with the video, and check out the step-by-step instructions for more details and a list of the products used.
Tags as Accents
- Select a background paper and cut it 1/4" smaller than your card base
- Select an accent paper and rip it to create whatever shape and texture you prefer.
- Using a stamp (we used Marianne Design Powder Pink - Tulips & Labels
PP2801), stamp a tag onto card stock and carefully cut it out.
- Add a sentiment to the tag (we used SENT1 - National Crafts G18 Mixed
- Punch a hold in your stamped tag using MFD065 - Nellie's Choice Multi
Frame Dies - String Set for Tags.
- Thread string or ribbon through the punched hole and attached the tag to the
card using foam tape.
- Add any extra cut outs or adornments you like!
PK9118 - Marianne Design A5 Pretty Paper Bloc - Schooltime
PP2801 - Marianne Design Powder Pink - Tulips & Labels
MFD065 - Nellie's Choice Multi Frame Dies - String Set for Tags
63000327 - Joy! Crafts Ribbons - Natural Sense Collection
SENT1 - National Crafts G18 Mixed Tags - Monochrome & Sepia
65000022 - 3D Craft Foam Tape 1.5mm
41051 - Creative Expressions Foundation Card - Coconut White
STB002 - Stamping Buddy Pro
- Using the tag die from CR1254 - Marianne Design Craftables Dies -
Parchment & Label, cut out your tags and reinforcement circle.
- Use a blending brush to apply ink to add some colour to your tags.
- Stamp your tag with an embellishment using either VMP001 - Versamark Ink
Pad to emboss, or a black ink to colour in with Prism Craft Markers Set -
Alcohol Markers .
- Attach the reinforcement circle with craft glue, and thread a length of ribbon
through the hole.
- Tie a knot in the ribbon, and VOILA, tag complete!
CR1254 - Marianne Design Craftables Dies - Parchment & Label
CEC933 - Creative Expressions Clear Stamp Set - Mini Stitched Embellishments
NMMB008 - Nellie's Choice Mixed Media Ergonomic Blending Brush
CSBS02 - Cosmic Shimmer Brilliant Sparkle Embossing Powder - White Gold
VMP001 - Versamark Ink Pad - Transparent
723978 - Couture Creations Heat Tool
Prism Craft Markers Set - Alcohol Markers
CSF06 - Cosmic Shimmer Specialist Acrylic Glue
63000027 - Joy! Crafts Organza 9mm Ribbon
STB002 - Stamping Buddy Pro
Thanks for following along with us! Be sure to share your tag creations with us in our Facebook Group, Crafting with Ecstasy.