I was inspired by the new Just Lou Butterfly Collection from Studio Light to try a little ink blotting and was so happy with how it turned out! This inkblot effect is absolutely perfect for making butterfly wings, and I hope you give it a try!
The Cosmic Shimmer Airless Misters can be used for everything from stamping, stencilling, and simply misting onto your background, but I have to say, I had the MOST fun using them in this technique. They come in a wide variety of colours, and there is even a selection of Pearlescent Airless Misters that mist pigment and shimmering mica onto your project. They are quick and easy to use, and look beautiful every time!
- Begin with a 5 ½” x 5 ½” cardbase in Coconut white cardstock.
- Add a layer of 5 ⅛” x 5 ⅛” black cardstock.
- Fold a sheet of white vellum in half width-wise and mist one side with Airless Misters in Hot Fiesta and press onto the opposite side. Dry with a heat tool and repeat with Amber Lights and Gold Rush Airless Misters.
- Trim Vellum to 5”x 5” and stamp with butterfly (STAMPJL14) using Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black. Set the ink using a heat tool.
- Mount vellum onto a 5”x 5” piece of coconut white card stock using double sided tape. Mount onto the centre of the card.
- Stamp a sentiment on white card stock and layer onto black card stock. Attach sentiment to the bottom of the card using foam pads.
All of the items used to make this card can be found at ecstasycrafts.com
Studio Light Just Lou Clear Butterfly Stamp - STAMPJL14
Creative Expressions Bright White Vellum - 41052
Creative Expressions Foundation Card - Coconut White - 41051
Creative Expressions Foundation Card - Black - 40071
Memento Dye Ink - Tuxedo Black - ME900
Airless Misters - Hot Fiest (CSAMHOT), Amber Lights (CSAMLIGHT)
Airless Mister Pearlescent - Gold Rush (CSAMGOLD)
Couture Creations Heat Tool - 723978
Woodware Clear Stamp Singles - FRS851